Music vs Brain Development
Musical people tend to be more sociable. Anyone who become involved in a music group or ensemble learn important life skills such as:
- How to work as a team
- How to relate to others
- Appreciate the rewards from working together
- Development of leadership skills
- A musician’s brain is physically larger.
- Playing piano boosts test scores in math, science and languages.
- A more innovative and creative thinker
- On a single page of music, a pianist may encounter several hundred bits of information, the notes, the pedal markings, the dynamics, the phrasing and execute them all flawlessly within one minute.
Music are known to create theta waves – peaks of creativity occur during times when we are experiencing theta waves. For example:
- Playing music instruments even for a few minutes just before painting could help get into the creativity zone.
Music education plays on your mental, emotional and cognitive abilities, the brain is stimulated to think out of the ordinary, which results in improved creativity
Experts have discovered on the influence of music on motor skill development and recovery is quite extraordinary.
In one study, children who underwent musical instruction displayed greater improvement in finger motor skills and auditory discrimination.
Instructional music therapy has been found to improve the recovery of stoke victim’s speech and motor skills
Our Available Courses
Da Capo Music Academy offers music lessons (Violin, Piano, Trumpet, etc) that caters to various age groups and music expertise – beginner, intermediate & advance. We welcome anyone! Students can opt for individual or group lessons depending on their own personal preferences.